This match between Newcastle United and Southampton is scheduled for December 14, 2013 at St. James Park. In this match Newcastle United with 7th position will play against Southampton with 8th position in this league. Majority of online betting sites are giving odds which seems to favor Newcastle United to win this match. The betting prediction of this match, based on the data pertaining to both teams, is also suggesting win of Newcastle United due to their home ground advantage, superior form and higher raking.
The comprehensive study of head to head statistics comprising of 53 matches played between these two teams in the past is suggesting betting prediction for the win of Newcastle United at 41.5 percent, win of Southampton at 34 percent and probability of draw at 24.5 percent in this match.
The performance chart analysis of both teams suggests that the form of Southampton (+2) is inferior to that of Newcastle United (+3). Newcastle United won 4 and had draw in 1 out of last 5 matches played by them. They recently won a match against Manchester United on December 7, 2013 with score of 1-0. Southampton won 1, had draw in 1 and lost 3 out of the last 5 matches played by them. They had a draw in their last match against Manchester City on December 7, 2013 when both sides scored one goal each.
As on December 9, 2013 Betfair is providing best odds for this match as 2.37 for the win of Newcastle United, 3.5 for draw and 2.87 for the win of Southampton in this match.